National Interop provides independent consulting services in addition to our role as a systems integrator. Our consulting services include:
- Research, analysis, and reporting on potential funding sources for communication projects
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for existing communications equipment and systems
- Specialized training on communications equipment and SOPs
- Evaluation of existing communication systems
- Research and selection of new technologies
New technologies in particular is an important consulting practice for us – as especially now, when new technologies are arriving in public safety practically daily. These new technologies create opportunities for dramatic improvement in situational awareness, safety of personnel, and efficiency.
But new technology also creates challenges:
- What are the long-term implications of choosing an underlying technology?
- What are the pro’s and con’s of various suppliers and manufacturers?
- Which equipment models (and options) should be selected?
- How does new technology integrate with your legacy equipment?
- How will your users view the all important “user interface”?
- What is the most efficient and cost effective method of training users on new technology?
- How will emergency maintenance issues be handled, both in house and out-sourced?
and of course, the all important constraint of the budget.
Talk With A